Our Arthrex location in beautiful Santa Barbara, CA is seeking a Service Engineering Manager to lead service engineering efforts of arthroscopic systems for operating rooms worldwide. Individual will be responsible for ensuring that new products are designed with serviceability in mind, providing engineering support for capital equipment repair lines per quality management system, engaging with third party repair centers and developing technical training all while providing exceptional customer service.
Ideal candidate has a passion for mentorship and sees delegation as an opportunity for others to grow professionally.
Qualified candidates have a bachelor's degree in engineering and 10 years of relevant experience in addition to 2 years of leadership. Up to 20% travel required.
Join our talented team at a global medical device company focused on Helping Surgeons Treat Their Patients Better™!
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manages the Service Engineering department work activities to provide timely and efficient flow of services and projects.
- Hires, develops and retains the best talent for the engineering team and the organization. Actively provides coaching and career development assistance to team members. Develops future leaders by effective selection and development activities
- Coordinates engineering department activities to ensure that equipment and processes required for repair and complaint investigation of each new product are developed, qualified, validated and designed for reparability.
- Develops support methodology, troubleshooting documentation, and installation, maintenance, repair, and upgrade processes for in field and in house repairs.
- Establishes and implements service support documentation and infrastructure for capital equipment offerings.
- Identifies ways to improve repair processes, test equipment, and complaint investigation data on existing product and processes.
- Supports Field Service and Technical Assistance Center personnel with technical information to be used for training of new and existing products.
- Supports internal and external customers by training, educating and certifying on technical aspects of assigned products as needed.
- Supports Manufacturing and Repair vendors to provide process improvements and complaint investigations
- Determines and implements test strategy for returned and complaint devices.
- Performs on-site evaluations of supplier’s capabilities to meet performance and quality requirements.
- Manages the efforts of engineers and cross functional team members to improve supplier processes, close corrective actions, and support development needs
- Up to 20% travel required.
Incidental Duties: The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed in this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, and indeed additional responsibilities may be assigned, as required, by management.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering required.
- Minimum of 10 years of relevant experience required.
- Minimum of 2 years of supervisory experience required.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements/Specialized Courses and/or Training:
- Manufacturing and repair process knowledge.
- Technical knowledge in development methodologies, design, and project implementation.
- Proficiency in assessing the value of new ideas based on technical and financial merits.
- Expert in the use of statistical and analytical techniques for problem solving (Six Sigma).
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.Job Requirements