As an Energy Sales Consultant, you will be the face of APPI Energy to our clients, supported by a staff of 50 colleagues helping you close the deal. Your personal drive and ambition to grow professionally & financially will result in surpassing your own goals/expectations, while contributing to the success of the organization. You are a fanatical prospector, constantly striving to try new things and meet new people. You enjoy adventure, and jump at an opportunity to travel via planes, trains, and automobiles to meet with senior executives in corporate settings and at industry events. You believe in the importance of ethical business practices. You love learning new things, always challenging yourself to improve. You are accountable and innovative. While you desire to improve personally, you also are committed to serving others first.
This Energy Sales Consultant is a unique opportunity for a confident, ambitious business development individual. You will own your own pipeline of both prospective and current clients. You must be comfortable presenting and selling to senior leadership at all levels (small enterprise through the Fortune 100). You will need to be organized, strategic, and patient but persistent. All energy industry training and education will be provided.
- Selling energy consulting services to C&I and government entities ranging in size from a small enterprise through the Fortune 100.
- Negotiates contracts for natural gas and electricity transactions.
- Forecasts future energy needs as clients grow or shrink in operation size.
- Develops unique business development strategies and sales strategies.
- Structures cost analyses.
- Presents recommendations and findings.
- Consults with clients on additional energy efficiency and sustainability services.
- When appropriate, travels to meet with clients.
- Attends industry events.
- Participates in panels, gives speeches to organizations about energy management strategies.
- Maintains an organized pipeline of opportunities.
- Accurately tracks all client interactions in Microsoft CRM platform.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- No energy industry experience required.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent negotiation skills.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (both internally and externally).
- Fanatical prospector for new business opportunities.
- Strong relationship developer.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or similar software.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Prior sales experience preferred.
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Ability to travel via planes, trains, and automobiles.
- Flexible to travel up to 50% of the time.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.