Who are we?
Apollo Neuroscience has developed a first-of-its-kind wearable that is scientifically validated to improve people's resilience to stress. A spinout of research between the University of Pittsburgh and the University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, our small company is already helping thousands of people all over the world.
We're in a unique position to both help people understand their own mental and physical health better while simultaneously using that information to offer them direct therapeutic help through our revolutionary device.
Most of our team is split between CA and Pittsburgh, PA, but like nearly everyone else, we operate remotely these days and this position can be 100% remote. From the beginning, we've always had remote team members and we're always thinking about how we can improve our processes to make remote work as successful as possible.
Who are you?
Your career journey includes a significant amount of work as a mobile developer, but your areas of expertise are not limited to those technologies. Your broad range of work experiences has enabled you to acquire a deep understanding of cloud services and the challenges of communication with Bluetooth peripherals. You appreciate the importance of data and are intimately familiar with the need for its integrity, validity and completeness.
As technical lead of Apollo's software development efforts, you will be responsible for the implementation and delivery of the core softwares which comprise our product.
Ours is a small development team so initially the greater part of your time will be mobile app development (70%). Your remaining time will be used proposing solutions meeting product requirements, creating development plans, managing the release process and ensuring technical documentation is properly maintained. You will assist the Project Manager with the assignment of tasks to appropriate personnel.
The ideal candidate will have proven experience in a fast-paced environment and a thorough knowledge of full system implementation and the development of mobile applications. You will demonstrate an ability to flexibly and proactively collaborate with peers in a multidisciplinary setting.
You will report directly to Apollo's chief software architect.
- Acquiring and maintaining a deep understanding of the product as a system, its components and the technologies which make it all work.
- Proposing technical solutions to meet new product requirements.
- Assist with the prioritization of software development and integration tasks to achieve milestones and goals.
- Assigning and monitoring implementation tasks.
- Organizing quality reviews.
- Escalating functional, quality, and timeline issues appropriately.
- Coordinating and assisting with product releases.
- Mobile app development (70%)
- Ensuring the product's technical documentation is up to date and accurate.
- Develop and maintain best practice procedures and tools.
- Three (3) years experience as technical lead
- Three (3) years developing products targeting Apple and Android handheld devices
- One (1) year developing code for communicating with Bluetooth devices
- Practitioner's level knowledge of AWS technologies (Cognito/AppSync/AWSMobileClient)
- Experience with Atlassian products (Jira, Confluence, etc.)
- Solid understanding of software development in a professional setting
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills
- Demonstrated experience working with offshore teams
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities
- Experience in developing and deploying project best practices, policies, and processes
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Information TechnologyAbility to work independently with minimal guidance
- A commitment to continuous learning
- Experience working for companies following ISO 9001 and ISO 13485 standards
- Experience working on products requiring FDA clearance
- An applicative understanding of security and privacy compliance requirements (HIPAA, GDPR)