Senior Electrical Product Engineer
Six months contract with the potential to extend or convert to perm
The Senior Electrical Product Engineer is part of the dedicated Point of Care (POC) Sustaining Engineering (SEN) team.
SEN is responsible for coordinating sustaining activities for all POC in vitro diagnostics (IVD) instruments, consumables and accompanying eco-system products.
The successful candidate will work closely with Manufacturing, Quality and Service to coordinate platform enhancements, implement cost reduction projects, drive corrective actions in response to field issues, respond to new regulatory requirements and mitigate manufacturing supply risk and manufacturing quality issues for our blood gas and urinalysis product lines.
The successful candidate will be responsible for providing electrical support to SEN.
Daily activities will include investigating hardware complaints, researching and implementing alternative instrument components and designs, identifying lower cost solutions, developing project schedules, defining V&V plans and ensuring on time execution of plans.Job Requirements
• B.Eng or M.Eng degree in Electrical Engineering, with 5+ years experience in electronics development for instrumentation
• Good understanding of basic multidisciplinary engineering fundamentals and experience working with multi-disciplinary teams
• Hands-on experience with analog and digital design, board layout and qualification, programmable logic and control system development, especially for electromechanical devices.
• Medical device experience or experience in a regulated environment is a plus.
• The ability to function well both independently and as part of an integrated team.
• Effective verbal and written communication skills are essential.
• Experience with FPGA, VBA coding and development is a plus
• Experience with stepper motor controls, LabVIEW and Minitab is a plus Experience with OrCAD, Mentor Graphics PADS, Mentor Graphics Expedition, Microsoft Office or equivalent programs is necessary
• Experience with Structured problem solving, KT, DMAIC root cause investigation process is necessary
The manager is looking for somebody from a medical device background
Experience in repairing power supply but low voltage devices
Someone with electrochemistry experience would be great
Low Voltage device (Ac-Dc)
FPGA, VBA coding and development (good to have)