Remote Underwriter Position: Responsible for the underwriting of loans in accordance with company and investor guidelines.
Accountabilities and Job Activities:
· Timely underwriting of loan credit packages and appraisals for compliance with various investor and government agency guidelines.
· Contact with private investors and government agencies to resolve any issues or questions that may arise on loan files, programs, etc.
· Review and analyze income from both personal and corporate tax returns.
· Communicate decision on loans to appropriate parties both verbally and in writing.
· Analyze loan packages for any sign of fraudulent documentation or information.
· Work with Loan Originators to restructure questionable loans into a salable package.
· Remain informed of all government regulations, requirements, and laws for both branch and broker submissions.
· Consult with the Processing and Closing departments to ensure that all underwriting conditions are met prior to closing the loan.
· Review and clear all underwriting conditions prior to closing.Job Requirements
· 3-5 years Conventional front-line underwriting
· FHA Direct Endorsement
· Pass pre-hire assessment
· Complete new hire training including underwriting of test cases and second level review of “live” loans
· Knowledge of various investor guidelines and requirements.
· Minimum of 20 mbps download and 3 mbps upload internet bandwidth speeds are required
Work Environment/Physical Demands/ Essential Job Functions: Will have to spend long hours sitting and using office equipment and computers, which can cause muscle and eye strain. Some travel is required.
***AnnieMac Home Mortgage is an Equal Opportunity Employer***