Job ID: 18382
This position reports directly to the Vice President and General Manager, Aerospace and Defense Division.
AMETEK is looking for a strong, results-oriented Director of Digital Marketing and Transformation to join us in Wilmington, MA. This highly visible and strategic role will lead digital transformation activity across the division. Will collaborate with sales, marketing, operations, and engineering within the business units to drive organic growth and digital operational efficiency. Will develop, execute and own the A&D digital transformation roadmap.
The ideal candidate for this position will be a highly collaborative and self-motivated hands-on leader with outstanding verbal, written and presentation skills to a wide audience. A tech-savvy individual, this individual will stay current on global digital marketing trends, effectively report on findings, give creative direction, lead projects and manage budgets in a fast-paced, deadline-driven, and dynamic environment. The ideal candidate will have a background in aerospace and defense industry.
The Director, Digital Marketing will collaborate with internal teams to create content that attracts qualified traffic across various digital platforms, and cost-effectively converts that traffic into lead generation. The ideal candidate is creative and analytical and understands how customers interact with digital channels and consume content. This person is as comfortable writing web content or a blog posting as they are digging into analytics and conversion rates. They will have the capability to transform insights from data into actionable initiatives.
The candidate should know how to connect the dots between the marketing channel that brought someone to the site, how that user optimally moves through the site, and how user information can be captured or re-engaged with other marketing efforts in tandem with what occurs on the site (personalization for users, conversion funnels by user type, recapture of lost users, etc). The candidate should know how to determine if a platform is performing properly to collect user data, how to analyze the information, how to extrapolate the information, how to present the information, and how to connect all the pieces of a story for better optimization moving forward. (This para may be for a lower level person, not a director)
The ideal candidate utilizes a knowledge of marketing, and a mastery of digital technology to plan, direct and manage the development and execution of digital strategies that support long term sustainable growth of the business. This role will work with key contributors across the global commercial team to ensure brand consistency, relevancy and engagement, and drive demand for Aerospace and Defense products and services globally.
• Responsible for overseeing the implementation of integrated marketing campaigns and communications (does this means all marketing, or just e-marketing?) that support the AMETEK Aerospace & Defense brand across all markets, geographies and lines of business.
• Leads the end-to-end management of deliverables from brief writing, concept review, execution, and post launch analysis.
• Plan and execute all digital marketing, including SEO/SEM, marketing database, email, social media and display advertising campaigns.
• Delivers campaigns that gain internal partner buy-in and drive results at the organizational level and tactically for individual product lines.
• Analyzes and measures campaign performance and ROI, leveraging analysis to identify optimization opportunities including design, content, copy, channel, and call-to-action.
• Drives web traffic and generate new leads, while nurturing existing leads towards conversion.
• Performs ad hoc copywriting, prototyping, and functional wireframing.
• Strong understanding of search engine concepts, web traffic, and SEO tracking, tagging, and ranking.
• Defines technology requirements working with IT and analytics teams.
• Manages project demand, prioritization, and workflow to ensure focus on highest priority work.
• Works closely with Sales to identify needs and develop content and approaches for demand generation and sales enablement.
• Provide support to all regions in tailoring global strategies to local markets and sharing best practices with regional teams.
• Develops a positive working relationship with key internal stakeholders and a deep understanding of business goals and objectives.
• Ensures that all implemented technology solutions meet applicable company and regulatory Cyber security requirements.
Job RequirementsPosition Requirements:
• Strong people and project management skills that translate into excellence in execution, aligning key stakeholders, collaboration with cross-functional partners.
• Can build investment business cases and project plans to meet the company’s functional and financial objectives.
• Highly organized, detailed oriented with the ability to swiftly manage timelines, teams, executive management and budgets.
• Self-started with the ability to work independently, both from a strategic and executionary standpoint.
• Able to stand up capabilities that do not currently exist, with the ability to work closely with other business stakeholders on digital transformation.
• Excellent organizational and project management skills, including the ability to plan, prioritize and execute multiple initiatives/deadlines autonomously and shift priorities as necessary.
• Ability to think laterally and creatively and problem-solve while juggling multiple tasks.
• Comfortable using Google Analytics and other marketing technologies.
• Full project lifecycle experience with multiple Digital Transformation projects.
• Experience testing and troubleshooting digital assets.
• Previous international business experience.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• 5 – 7 years of experience leading digital marketing strategy in a B2B environment.
• Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline such as Computer Science, Data Analytics, Marketing, or Statistics.
• Travel domestically and internationally required (approximately 10% – 20%).
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against
any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex,
age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity,
status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal,
state or local protected class.