We look forward to your application! When applying, please be sure to put your Full Legal First Name and Last Name for legal and processing purposes.
Are you looking for an opportunity to turn your ambition and your people skills into a rewarding career with an industry leader? Join our team at American Tire Distributors! As the nation's premier tire distributor, ATD’s coast-to-coast distribution network provides approximately 80,000 customers across the U.S. and Canada with rapid and frequent delivery of high quality tires, custom wheels and shop supplies.
Position Description:The Warehouse I position will prioritize and pick product to fill orders and staging product for loading, physically moving and lifting product weighing as much as 150 pounds, organizing the warehouse stock, assisting in daily closing down of warehouse, compiling and submitting regular reports of damaged, outdated stock or supplies, over- and under-shipments, return of products to vendor, etc., assisting in periodic inventory counts, operating powered industrial vehicles (forklifts, pallet jacks, order pickers, etc.) in safe manner and maintaining an operator license, if required.
- Load and unload delivery trucks – Lifting products weighing up to approximately 50 pounds. Handling of tires (e.g., rolling, destacking, team lifting) greater than approximately 50 pounds.”
- Operate powered industrial vehicles (forklifts, pallet jacks, order pickers, etc.) in a safe manner and maintain an operator license, if required.
- Prioritize and pick material to fill orders and stage product for loading
- Assist in verifying all incoming and outgoing products for accuracy in terms of amount, size and type, informing management of inventory and supply shortages as well as assisting in actual periodic inventory counts
- Designate and organize the warehouse stock by product line and by physical alignment, allowing sufficient space for overflow
- Perform periodic facilities maintenance and/or custodial / housekeeping tasks, such as cleaning parking lot, loading dock and area surrounding building; keeping floors clear of debris, maintaining bathrooms and assisting in daily closing down of warehouse
- Compile and submit regular reports of damaged, outdated stock or supplies, over and under shipments, return of products to vendor, etc. and segregate defective product from normal flow of inventory
- Assist in administrative tasks, such as the handling and preparation of paperwork. May assist in daily closing of the warehouse.
- Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the company, in its discretion, may find appropriate and acceptable.
Key Partners (Positions):
• Distribution Center Supervisor and Lead(s)
• Customer Pick-Up Coordinator
Experience(s) that Best Prepares You:
- Education: High school diploma or GED preferred but not required
- Experience: Prior work experience sufficient to work under general supervision
- Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the Company, in its discretion, may find appropriate and acceptable.
- Ability to start, control and maintain a complete process or procedure, while keeping safety and compliance at the forefront
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Ability to carry out oral and written instructions
- Communicate Effectively: Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative relationships with those contacted during the course of work
- Demonstrate Respect: Handle all business matters ethically and in full compliance with American Tire Distributors “Code of Conduct”
- Be Accountable for Results: Assume full responsibility for the consequences of one’s behaviors, decisions and results.
Physical Demands/Work Environment/Travel Requirements:
- Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk, hear, taste and/or smell; the employee must occasionally lift products weighing up to approximately 50 pounds. Handling of tires (e.g., rolling, destacking, team lifting) greater than approximately 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- Work environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Travel required: 5% of the time
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying the position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by their supervisor, subject to reasonable accommodations. Nothing in this job description creates a contract of employment in any way for any person. All employees hired by American Tire Distributors, Inc. are employees at will and the Company reserves the right to terminate employees at any time for any reason or no reason at all.
Build a challenging and rewarding career with us!
American Tire Distributors is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace
Job ID: R14142