By joining the American Red Cross you will touch millions of lives every year and experience the greatness of the human spirit at its best. Are you ready to be part of the world's largest humanitarian network?
In this role the selected candidate will focus on scientific research studies for the American Red Cross Biomedical Headquarters as well as vendor-sponsored studies. These studies are usually 3-4 months in duration, requiring excellent small group communication/project skills and knowledge of industry best-practice scientific/analytic skills. Scope varies by study; ideal candidate should be comfortable working independently and working in a small-group team setting.
• Collaboratively and/or independently performs tasks in the laboratory associated with research experiments; evaluates and develops research methodology for project advancement.
• Collects, analyzes and reports data/results and assists in the preparation of technical reports, protocols, and quantitative analyses.
• Manages and maintains laboratory equipment, supplies and documentation.
• Exercises technical discretion and data integrity in the design, execution and interpretation of experiments that contribute to project strategies.
• Maintains familiarity with current scientific literature.
• Maintains high level of professional expertise through familiarity with scientific literature.
Regular schedule will be Monday-Friday 8:30am-5:00pm at our Rockville, MD research laboratory. Selected candidate will need to also be flexible to work outside of normal business hours depending on needs of a particular study. Unlike a hospital position, this role will offer variety (based on study), is salaried and requires minimal evening/weekend work (based on study). Our paid training is extensive – initial training runs 6-8 weeks. After formal training the selected candidate will be working under mentor supervision until fully comfortable/competent in applicable American Red Cross processes/procedures.
Bachelors degree in a related scientific discipline and minimum of three years of relevant work experience. Experience in flow cytometry is desirable.
Apply now! Joining our team will provide you with the opportunity to make a difference every day.
The American Red Cross is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The American Red Cross is a diverse nonprofit organization offering its employee's professional development and growth opportunities, a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits, and a collaborative team spirit environment. To be considered for this position, please visit [ Link Removed ] to apply.
To view the EEOC Summary of Rights, click here: [ Link Removed ] [ Link Removed ] [ Link Removed ]