Amcor Rigid Packaging
Forklift Driver/ Material Handler
Pay starting at $20.00/hr + night shift premium
Amcor is a global leader in developing and producing responsible packaging for food, beverage, pharmaceutical, medical, home- and personal-care, and other products. Amcor works with leading companies around the world to protect their products and the people who rely on them, differentiate brands, and improve value chains through a range of flexible and rigid packaging, specialty cartons, closures, and services. The company is focused on making packaging that is increasingly light-weighted, recyclable and reusable, and made using a rising amount of recycled content. Around 50,000 Amcor people generate US$13 billion in sales from operations that span about 250 locations in 40-plus countries. NYSE: AMCR; ASX: AMC
Material Handler coworkers are responsible for safely and efficiently operating the forklift trucks and other support equipment in the Shipping and Warehouse areas of the plant. Material Handlers must be well organized and able to move various sized loads of material throughout the operation. Close attention to quality and detail is a must while working in a fast paced and quick changing environment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Safely and proficiently operates forklift, be forklift certified, and conduct pre-shift forklift safety inspections before operating.
- Supplies appropriate raw materials, pallets, top frames and tier sheets to production as needed
- Keeps an eye on production flow and assist Blow Mold area with preform dumping.
- Operates and maintains downstream equipment for break/lunch coverages and vacations as necessary.
- Accurately generates and labels finished pallets with correct production tickets.
- Transports finished products to correct warehouse storage areas.
- Retrieves correct finished goods from warehouse for shipping using FIFO and ships on correct line.
- Accurately scans pallet tickets to BOL’s
- Performs visual quality inspections of all incoming deliveries, outgoing products and materials used for production.
- Securely uses company computer systems for product identification, shipping pallets and ticketing finished goods.
- Uses good documentation practices for items such as preform receiving, incoming goods, trailer reports, BOL’s, etc.
- Completes daily and weekly housekeeping duties for both shipping and warehouse areas.
- Stacks and unstacks finished products and other materials safely and efficiently in the plant.
- Keeps finished goods conveyors cleared and shipping conveyors full to prevent production stoppage.
- Covers vacations and other absences according to Kenosha local attendance policy.
- Accepts other duties/changes to position as plant and production needs require.
- Wears appropriate personal protective equipment and uses safety equipment as required to perform job duties.
- Carry out responsibilities in a safe manner that will not create a hazard to my health and safety, or the health and safety of my fellow coworkers.
- Assist management to help create a safe working environment by communicating any safety concerns and making suggestions for proactive safety improvements.
- Report all accidents, incidents, near misses and/or injuries immediately to my Team Lead or Management.
- Follow company medical and first aid procedures.
- Properly use all required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
- Follow all Amcor Kenosha’s safety policies and procedures.
- Set a good example for other employees to follow.
- Assist management in challenging and improving the health and safety program in a forward direction ensuring safety continues to improve and be at the forefront of my actions while at work.
- All employees of Amcor Kenosha have the right to refuse “Unsafe Work”.
Job Specifications and Requirements:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Previous manufacturing work experience is preferred.
- Good written and verbal communications skills are required.
- Able to recognize and understand numbers and values, including data entry into database.
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand English.
- Effective teamwork and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrates schedule flexibility for coverage for vacations and other absences.
- Must have good computer skills and ability to learn Amcor systems – SAP experience is helpful.
- Good attention to detail including ability to feel and visually recognize products and quality defects.
- Capable of working effectively in a fast-paced, high quality manufacturing environment.
- Able to carry out both simple and complex instructions.
- Ability to visually and mentally make priority decisions / judgement calls based on the situation at hand.
- Must know and understand all safety aspects of forklift operation.
- Physical Requirements:
?Hear / Listen
?Talk / Speak
?Reach up and out
?Push / Pull
?Carry (amount 50+ lbs.)
?Lift (amount 50+ lbs.)
?Lift (amount < 50 lbs.)
?Carry (amount < 50 lbs.)
?Drive – Automobile/truck/van
Other Physical Requirements:
- Able to stand, walk and mount/dismount forklift up to 12-hours on concrete or other hard surfaces
- Occasionally required to lift/carry up to 60 lbs.
- Proficient hand / eye coordination to operate equipment and controls.
- Environmental Factors:
- Continuous noise of 70-82dB
- Occasional exposure to chemicals
- Required Safety Equipment
- Hearing protection
- Eye protection
- Head protection
- Hand protection
The information contained herein is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the job, nor are they intended to be an all-inclusive list of the skills and abilities required to do the job.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.