Alert Innovation is a growing, well funded start-up with a mission to reinvent retailing through robotics. We are solving the most challenging problem that self-service food retailers face today, which is how to move their businesses online profitably and at scale.
We secured initial funding in Summer 2016 with an animation of our Flexible Mobile Robotics solution. By Spring 2019 we had developed the revolutionary technology and launched our Alphabot micro-fulfillment center at a Walmart Supercenter in Salem, NH.
We have brought to market the Alphabot® Automated Storage and Retrieval System (ASRS) and Automated Each-Picking System, the most capital-efficient and broadly scalable design of each of these solutions ever developed. At the heart of Alphabot solution is a mobile robot unique in its ability to operate in all three dimensions within a multilevel storage structure.
As of January 2021 we have grown to 230 team members and are looking for people to join our team who love their work and want it to be meaningful, strive for excellence, and want to work in a collaborative, team-oriented culture.
Team Members come from IBM, Brooks Automation, GE, Amazon Robotics, iRobot, Boston Dynamics, Symbotic, Rockwell Automation, Medtronic/ Covidien, Global Foundries, Many with 20+ years experience.
Alert Innovation has 31 issued or pending patents on its technology and our team members are named Inventors on over 250 total issued patents and counting.
Come join us!
The Principal Software Engineer will play a critical role in developing software services for a state-of-the-art robot control system for grocery supply chain automation. As a Principal Software Engineer, you will be part of a talented team focused on developing industry-changing solutions.
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
- Develop reactive microservices written in Java to handle customer orders, control and coordinate swarms of robots, control various elements of the system, and maintain metrics.
- Work with the electrical, mechanical, systems, and safety teams to document and detail software requirements.
- Develop and code review modular and well documented software
- Develop software unit-tests, integration tests, and acceptance tests
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- 10+ years' of experience in Core Java development (version 8 or above)
- Experience developing reactive microservices (using Akka, Vertx, RxJava or a similar framework/library) or experience developing event-driven distributed systems using asynchronous actors and messaging
- Experience with a messaging platform (ActiveMQ, RabbitMQ, Kafka or similar)
- Experience with Docker
- Knowledgeable in robotics and/or automation
- Experience with NoSQL databases and in-memory caches such as Redis or equivalent
- Understanding of networking (TCP/IP, HTTP, etc.)
- Experience with Unit Testing (using Junit, Mockito or similar)
- Experience working within an Agile environment
- B.S. in Computer Science, Engineering, or related area