Albertina Kerr empowers people with intellectual and developmental disabilities, mental health challenges and other social barriers to lead self-determined lives and reach their full potential. When you join Kerr, you become part of a team motivated to provide innovative and excellent programs, services and care.
As a Caregiver / Direct Support Professional, you will provide routine care giving, enabling individuals with developmental disabilities to achieve their desired quality of life. You’ll schedule and accompany individuals on outings like shopping, going to the movies or gym, trips to the coast, festivals, fairs and more! Additionally, you'll administer medications and assist with personal care, including hygiene, food preparation, laundry and light housekeeping.
This position starts at $15.40 per hour with employees becoming benefits eligible after 90 days. You'll love our 100% employer-paid Medical, Dental and Vision benefits for employees! Upon hire you'll complete a three-week fully-paid training, held Monday - Friday from 9 a.m. - 5 p.m., before working independently in your program. During training, you'll learn First Aid, CPR, and other skills to adequately prepare you for a rewarding career in mental health.
Relief positions are available and start at $17.43 per hour as these positions require employees work any shift and location assigned within area served. They provide a guaranteed minimum of 30 hours per week and require a valid driver's license.
Click [ Link Removed ] to meet some of our Direct Support Professional superheroes and see the incredible impact you can make at Kerr!
- Paid medical, dental, and vision employee benefits
- Paid basic life & accident insurance and short- & long-term disability
- Paid internal training and career development
- 7 paid holidays and generous time off
- Verizon phone discount
- 24-hour Employee Assistance Plan (EAP) that provides resources for everything from mental health to pet insurance and financial counselling
- Satisfies employment requirement for student loan Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program (PLSF)
- Consistent, punctual, and flexible
- At least 18 years' old
- Verbal and written English language proficiency sufficient to communicate with people we support, co-workers, and community members
- Ability to pass a background check
- Ability to lift, push and pull 50 pounds
- Licensed driver with at least two years' driving experience (preferred)
- Provide high quality personal care to the people we support, including assistance with Activities of Daily Living/Instrumental Activities of Daily Living, hygiene activities, meal preparation, transportation and more, while creating a fun, positive, and caring environment
- Interact with the people we support, family members, community members, medical professionals, team members and others in a positive and professional manner
- Provide input for Individual Support Plan (ISP) development and ensure action plans are followed and documented
- Learn and consistently follow Behavior Support Plans (BSP) and Medical Support Plans (MSP), implement Oregon Intervention Systems (OIS) interventions and complete all required documentation and training
- Ensure a clean, safe and protected environment