As a Product Marketing Manager, you are responsible for making your product “fly-off the shelf.”
This role is not about doing demos or presenting product features (although these may sometimes occur). Rather, this role is the conduit between the business and the product team, translating feedback and requests, understanding requirements, discussing roadmaps and future developments with customers to help the product team to build the solution that adds the most value to our current customers and potential future ones.
The Role also transmits information back out from the Product team to the Sales and Services teams, aiding with RFP’s, Customer requests, future developments and ensuring both teams have all the information and documentation that enables them to perform their roles to the highest standards.
You will collaborate with our marketing team to develop innovative programs that drive demand. An attention to detail and eye for quality are critical to your success, along with an ability to grasp and present our product’s value proposition in a way that resonates and clearly articulates how we solve our buyers’ problems. You are obsessed with tracking performance and have the data to prove what’s working and what isn’t.
In addition to the marketing team, you will regularly collaborate with product owners, technical product managers, sales, marketing and operations channels; it’s a balancing act that requires strong diplomatic skills, including knowing when to push back and when to dive in.
Assess the effectiveness of the marketing programs that support your products on an ongoing basis, and report back to the business on required changes.
Product Marketing Plans
- Articulate the strategies and programs that will generate awareness
- Collaborate with product, marketing, sales and services to understand product positioning and drive a consistent messaging
- Assist in fleshing out the launch goals, strategies plans & documentation, track and communicate launch status & support cross-functional teams to ensure readiness
- Competitive landscape - expert on our competition / how they are positioned
- Create and deliver thoughtful information and be able to influence key audiences via strong content
- Deliver presentations to internal and external audiences
- Act as the primary thought leader for the products you support externally
- Provide content for buyer personas
- Curate content from product users or product teams
- Business Teams to Product Team
- Discussing market and customer requirements with the Sales and Services teams
- Facilitating Customer Advisory Boards and capturing feedback and requirements
- Consolidating and validating requirements based on perceived value and effort
- Liaising with product development team to communicate key requirements
- Product Team to Business Teams
- Communication of current roadmap and development tasks back out to the wider business
- Aiding with the completion of customer requests and sales cycle information, as well as starting to build the knowledge bank of standard answers.
- Working with the Solution and Technical Consultants to ensure clear comms of upcoming developments, features and changes are communicated out quickly and effectively.