LPN Home Health AdventHealth Tampa
Location Address: 3100 East Fletcher Avenue Tampa, Florida 33613
Top Reasons to Work at AdventHealth Tampa
- Florida Hospital Pepin Heart Institute, known across the country for its advances in cardiovascular disease prevention, diagnosis, treatment and research.
- Surgical Pioneers – the first in Tampa with the latest robotics in spine surgery
- Building a brand new, six story surgical and patient care tower which will ensure state of the art medical and surgical car for generations to come
- Awarded the Get With The Guidelines – Stroke GOLD Quality Achievement Award from the American Heart Association/American Stroke Association and have been recognized as a recipient of their Target: Stroke Honor Roll for our expertise in stroke care. We have also received certification by The Joint Commission in collaboration with the American Stroke Association as a Primary Stroke Center.
You Will Be Responsible For:
- Comply with all department policies, procedures, practices and standards of care.
- Provide direct patient care responsibilities for assigned patients in an efficient, organized manner under the direction of the RN.
- Performs treatments within their scope of training and administers medications to assigned patients.
- Performs data collection specific for the age of the patient and contributes to their plan of care.
- Report pertinent observations to attending physician and to RN, implements the change in the patient care plan as directed by physician. Communicates the changes to the appropriate members of the home health care team.
- Receives, verifies and implements physician orders (orders taken by the LPN are co-signed by an RN).
- Demonstrates effective communication skills with all team members, patients and families.
- Maintains clinical record information in accordance with established standards and within established time frames.
- Demonstrate cost-effective practices.
- Participate in the review process and the agency performance improvement program.
- Participate in orientation, in-service and staff meetings as scheduled.
- Provide patient education, medication administration, wound dressing changes, ostomy care as directed by the RN and ordered by physician while utilizing appropriate hand hygiene practices and obtains orders for all products used.
- Secures patient confidentiality by protecting patient information on and off duty.
- Displays flexibility in accepting assignment changes and readily accepts assignment and patient care responsibilities including participation in weekend/after-hours coverage and call rotation.
- Develop professional and clinical skills through attendance at staff development meetings, pertinent educational activities and professional affiliations.
- Complete related tasks as assigned by the Supervisor, Manager or Director.
- Maintains current driver’s license, automobile insurance and BLS.
What You Will Need:
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Demonstrated knowledge. of nursing theory, skills and practice.
- Problem solving abilities
- Positive interpersonal communication skills.
- Team and customer service oriented.
- Basic computer skills required.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS PREFERRED:
- Venipuncture skills preferred.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Vocational training in Accredited School of Licensed Practical Nursing
- Minimum of (1) year of clinical experience in Medical/Surgical nursing
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE PREFERRED:
- Two (2) years of Home Health nursing experience
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED:
- Current LPN licensure in the state of Florida
- Current BCLS
- Valid Driver’s License
Administer nursing care to patients in accordance with the physicians order and under the direction and supervision of a Registered Nurse. Provides intermittent, individualized nursing care, teaches and supervises the patient and family members or caregivers to provide continuity of care and to assist in implementing comprehensive care. Delivers high quality nursing care, performs technical nursing skills with a high degree of proficiency, and promotes the team approach in the delivery of patient care. Executes physician’s orders and notifies RN/Case Manager of necessary updates or changes in condition. Completes documentation according to Agency Policy and Regulatory guidelines and performs home visits as ordered. Continued employment with the agency is contingent upon your ability to perform job duties as outlined in this job description.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.