We are seeking a Manager to provide overall management of a team of project coordinators responsible for state and/or district operational contract deliverables. The successful candidate will have at least 3 years of project or program management experience or experience in a related area as well as demonstrated success leading teams.
What you will be working on:
- People leadership that includes guiding, leading, mentoring and motivating the team to perform at high level with strong customer support and service focus to ensure successful test administrations
- Analyze all aspects of product operational details and deliverables to determine resource coverage plans and contract assignments; work closely with team to make sure operational deliverables are being met in a planned and pro-active way.
- Collaborate with department management team to create consistency, alignment and champion continuous improvement activities.
- Responsible for making sure that processes are up-to-date, consistently followed, developing and providing training and assure that cross-training is completed for all contracts.
- Provide timely product updates, including arranging for training on processes and/or procedures that impact the operational deliverables.
- Serve as a Product Incident Response Team member and Problem Management leader.
- Serve as a key member of the state & district Master Product Schedule teams.
- Key contributor in the review and sign-off of all baseline contract emails, documents, training experiences provided to our state and district users.
- Key contributor to packing and distribution requirements related to state and district contracts.
- Oversight of baseline description of services, business requirement documents and Request for Proposal tasks.
- Ensure client feedback from state and/or district contracts is shared appropriate to inform future product enhancements.
- Collaborate with team members across the organization proactively and to address escalated concerns in a timely manner.
This could be the job for you if you have (minimum requirements):
- A minimum of 3 years of project or program management experience or experience in a related area as well as demonstrated success leading teams
- Experience with contract management, quality assurance, training experience, and experience in large-scale assessment testing
- Experience with office productivity tools and systems, such as Microsoft Office Suite, Salesforce.com and assessment delivery systems
- Strong coaching skills, relationship management and leadership abilities
- Demonstrated strong prioritization and organization skills, including analytical problem solving
- Ability to develop team members to grow and expand their skills and abilities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Good project management skills, including being able to create project schedules with detailed tasks
- Ability to work in fast-paced environment, manage competing priorities and meet or exceed deadline expectations
- Ability to exercise discretion and independent judgment in making decisions
- Strong collaborative and facilitative skills
- Highly self-motivated and ability to take initiative
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in business, project or program management or related area, or an equivalent combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and abilities can be acquired
It's a plus if you have:
- Experience working in an agile (SAFe) environment preferred
- Expertise in continuous improvement, such as Lean, preferred
Your Work Makes a Difference
ACT team members are part of an organization dedicated to an important mission: Helping people achieve education and workplace success.
At ACT, we expect all of our team members to have strong collaboration and communication skills, a customer focus, and ability to navigate change in a fast-paced environment.
You will be joining a fast-paced team of passionate and dedicated peers looking to serve our state and district market. A sense of pride in your work and the ability to be a self-starter makes you an ideal asset to our team.About ACT
When ACT was founded in 1959, it disrupted the assessment industry with a new approach to helping students better understand their readiness so they could take steps to improve it. By leveraging our expertise and authority in assessment and research, we will again disrupt the industryu2014helping more people learn, better measure their progress, and improve their navigation through life's transitions.
More than ever before, ACT is fulfilling its mission of helping people achieve education and workplace success. We're doing it by pushing the boundaries of learning innovation through the work of our people, who we call team members because we're all in this together.
We know transformation does not come without challenge. That's why ACT invests in a variety of experiences for team members to strengthen their connections, explore ideas, learn from customers, and celebrate success.
Learn more about working at ACT at act.org!