What is ASG?
ACORD Solutions Group (ASG) is the industry-owned provider of next-generation digital solutions in insurance technology. Come work with a dynamic and diverse team of professionals to create the leading InsurTech solutions used by industry leaders from around the world. From New Jersey to London, ASG’s work is help paving the way for a better streamlined, more digitized future in the global insurance industry.
Why work with us?
Experience every tech developer’s dream by having the best of both worlds: the bright-eyed energy of a nearly brand-new startup with the legacy and stability of a fifty-year industry institution. At ASG, you’ll have a direct hand in developing critical digital solutions to the some of the insurance industry’s greatest challenges in accurate and efficient data exchange. Essentially, you’ll help create the missing link between legacy constraints (outmoded digital systems, including those still pen-to-paper) and a new world of seamless technologies.
Plus, telecommuting and some remote work is available for this position.
What you’ll do
The Technical Lead will cultivate and maintain a variety of client, server, and web-based applications. The Tech Lead will oversee the developers in their project groups, providing details and hands-on guidance with development activity. This integral position also serves as a principal liaison between key stakeholders and team members. Goal-oriented, self-starters who are eager to collaborate on long and short-term projects would do well in this role.
- Collaborating with IT teams to implement tools and services needed for business support
- Designing and streamlining programs that meet user needs and specifications
- Delivering high-quality systems while meeting project deadlines
- Maintaining and improving existing programs
- Gathering and managing information/requirements from users and various levels of management
- Assisting with ad-hoc reporting and special requests
- Learning and working on new technologies and implementing POC
- 40% hands on development activity / remaining time spent as a liaison between the Stakeholder and agile scrum team members
- Managing offshore associates
- Java/J2EE/Design Patterns
- Single Page App
- Cloud (AWS/Azure a plus) – proficient in deisgn/deploying applicatiosn in Cloud
- Knowledge of open API specification (Swagger)
- Knowledge of static code analysis tools (CheckStyle/PMD/Sonarcube) and Testing framework Junit
- Basic understanding of BigData Technologies like Hadoop HDFS, MapReduce, PIG, Hive
- Strong understanding of object-oriented design and programming principles
- QA testing tools and methodologies
- Good attention to detail and ability to produce work quickly, accurately, and independently
- Excellent prioritization, planning, organization time management and multitasking skills
- Integration – take disparate applications or data sources and get them to work together
- Minimum 10 years of development experience using Java
- Banking and/or Insurance experience at the senior level
- Experience with Full-Cycle Development
- Strong Full-Stack background in code management and automation tools such as GIT, Jenkins, Maven
- Experience with working on webservers and applications servers like Tomcat, Jboss, Websphere
- Experience in Messaging Area: ESB Integrations
- Experience in Text Analytics using technologies like: Apache Lucene (Solr), Stanford NLP, Weka machine learning library
- Experience in design and development of SOA services using SOAP (JAX-WS), REST (JAX-RS) and SOAP/JMS with extensive knowledge of specifications like WSSecurity, WS-Policy, JAXB, MTOM
- Experience in design and development of APIs including serverless micro services based on RESTful service
Telecommuting and remote work available.