As the IT Security Engineer III you will be a member of the IT Security Engineering team reporting to the IT Security Engineering Manager. The position provides engineering expertise to deliver security controls to protect the confidentiality, integrity and availability of Ace Hardware’s corporate IT environment. The role also consists of applying core knowledge and skills to coach and mentor team members in the quality analysis, design, testing and deployment of standard security controls within the enterprise network to protect data, information systems, and networks from threats.
This position will require designing complex IT security design solutions with engineering responsibility for Threat Management (Firewall, Content Filtering, Intrusion Detection/Prevention, Encryption, Anti-Virus, Malware, etc.), Vulnerability Management (Infrastructure and Application), and Identity and Access Management initiatives and administrative solutions and processes for IT projects, services and business partners for the enterprise.
What you’ll do
Design, build, test, improve and support the IT risk and security infrastructure by:
- Providing hands-on engineering design and implementation of solutions
- Maintaining existing technologies and their hardware and software lifecycles
- Ensuring technologies are configured and managed to maintain a secure architecture
- Building solutions that integrate with the organization’s architectural direction
- Providing hands on support for infrastructure components if / as necessary
Responsible for core risk and security processes and ensures that they are robust, sustainable, consistent, secure and scalable across the organization This is to be achieved by meeting the following requirements:
- Managing and owning currency with the changing technologies of the IT risk and security industry
- Attending conferences, researching web sites and reading trade publications related to security solutions that would assist in securing Ace’s network
- Contributing to the continual enhancement of Ace’s IT security infrastructure program through governance, core processes, leading technology and enhancement of team’s skill sets
- Contributing to ensure the alignment with key Information Technology Policy standards
- Coordinate with and provide expert technical support to business partners to coordinate and respond to Information Security design and incidents
- Review alignment of controls to published policy, standards and regulations
- Providing necessary reports to management
Interacts proactively with business partners by providing IT security engineering services by:
- Contributing to reducing risks to the business
- Contributing to ensure the appropriate level of service to key business initiatives and requirements and always considering handover to other support units and business partners
- Communicating security standards related to protecting corporate, retail support centers and business partner domains
Engages with projects, services and suppliers to provide risk advisory services assessing security requirements and articulates necessary security controls to be implemented by:
- Contributing to provide security solutions, security and risk advisory services for IT and business partner projects and initiatives
- Contributing to provide risk assessment and mitigation services
What you need to succeed
This position requires a high level of knowledge of IT Risk Management and security engineering practices, procedures and infrastructure integration in a large organization. The incumbent must have experience knowledge with articulating security solutions that mitigate risk into statements that are clearly understood by technology peers and IT leadership. S/he must have strong analytical, interpersonal, multi-tasking, negotiations, project management and communication skills (written and verbal). The incumbent must have overall 7 plus years of hands on experience in IT risk and security functions planning, implementing and managing enterprise security strategies and technologies.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Cyber Security or related Computer Science program
- Required professional security qualification: CCSA
- Other IT risk and security certifications are a plus, e.g. CCSE, F5-CA, CISSP or equivalent
- 7 plus years of experience in IT security engineering and solution delivery (research, design, build, deploy, operation and support) practices
- 2 plus years’ experience in the design of strong security architectures that protect networks from threats and vulnerabilities
- 2 plus years coordinating supplier relationships specifically driving the process of coordinating meetings, escalating incidents and driving resolution with vendors
- Demonstration of strong business acumen with analytical, interpersonal, multi-tasking, negotiations, industry knowledge, project management and communication, written as well as oral skills
Skills & Competency Requirements
- Expert engineering technical proficiency with Checkpoint and F5 security technologies
- Strong understanding of networking infrastructure concepts, technologies, protocols, and solutions such as: TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, OSPF, BGP, FTP, SFTP, POP, SMTP, SIP, RTP, Ethernet, MPLS, IP routing, switching, Quality of Service, firewalls, network management, and other related communication protocols
- Proven experience in owning and implementing security engineering projects from inception to implementation. This includes overall design, expansion, enhancements, and technical documentation
- Expert level development, design, deployment, and support of network security solutions supporting voice, data and mobility, utilizing industry leading platforms and technologies
- Good technical understanding of server technology and networking concepts is preferred
- The ability to research and solve complex security and networking challenges
- Demonstrated personal skills to effectively cooperate and communicate with business partners
- Response to and management of security incidents executing a consistent and thorough process driving the identification, analysis and remediation
We want to hear from you!
When most people think of career opportunities with Ace Hardware, they often think of the helpful cashiers and sales associates at their local store. However, have you also considered the people behind the scenes who select, promote, ship and process the invoices for more than 75,000 products? Maybe you haven't, but we'd like you to. Because together we help our customers take care of their homes. Come find out why a career with the Ace Hardware Corporation is one of America's best kept secrets.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Ace Hardware Corporation and its subsidiaries are committed to a policy of promoting equal employment opportunities. The company recognizes the importance of diversity and leveraging the skills and talents of all people to the mutual advantage of each individual and the organization. The company is committed to the prevention of employment discrimination related to race, religion, color, sex (including sexual harassment), gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, disability and military or veteran status, sexual orientation or any other action covered by federal or applicable state/local laws.