Banking/Financial Services ONLY!
Up to $100K base and Bonus!
Food/Beverage a PLUS (but not a mandate)!
NYC, Los Angeles,San Francisco & Walnut Creek Locations!
• This is a junior position in COMPANY’s Food & Beverage Group ("F&B") within the National
Corporate Banking division. F&B originates, closes and monitors direct and private-equity-backed
transactions nationally by providing cash flow, asset-backed, and asset-based loans >$25.0 million
to support companies that operate in the food and beverage sector. This role is within F&B's Credit
function, whose primary mandate is to underwrite new transactions and manage existing exposure.
At this level, employees are developing credit analysis skills, acquiring fundamental principles of
corporate finance, learning bank policies and practices, and becoming familiar with relevant banking
laws and regulations.
Responsibilities –New Transactions
• Support due diligence efforts, including analyzing confidential information memoranda, lender
presentations, complex raw data and financial statements provided by private equity firms,
investment banks and/or prospective borrowers.
• Run dynamic 3-statement financial models with 2-3 sensitization cases and detailed, supporting
• Facilitate the preparation of approval documents, including specific qualitative and quantitative
content around the company, industry and transaction.
• Spread historical financial statements and analyze and explain the pertinent trends/drivers.
• Liaise with Loan Administration to satisfy pertinent compliance-related requirements pertaining to
entities, owners and/or management.
• Gain exposure to external constituents (e.g. legal counsel, appraisers, field examiners, accounting
firms, etc.) as well as all aspects of the new deal process (e.g. indicative term sheet, proposal letter,
due diligence, lender meetings, commitment letter, credit agreement, loan closing, etc.)
• Existing Exposure: • Prepare approval documents for amendments, consents, and waivers,
including clearly articulating the background, request, and rationale. Shadow legal documentation.
• Spread historical financial statements, reconcile compliance certificates, and identify abnormalities
• Prepare quarterly trend cards and annual reviews, each focused on exposure levels, risk ratings,
financial trends, and post-close modifications for each portfolio account.
• Satisfy ongoing Comprehensive Capital Analysis and Review deliverables for each portfolio
• Communicate with the Agent, private equity firms and/or management from time-to-time as
portfolio-related deliverables dictate.
• Bachelor's Degree Finance, Accounting or Business
• At least 3-5 years of credit or financial analysis experience required
• At least 3-5 years of experience in a banking or financial services environment required Skills And
Knowledge • May be expected to continue coursework through Company Credit Boot Camp.
• Must demonstrate a track record of intellectual curiosity, attention to detail, multi-tasking, and the
ability to operate under tight deadlines.
*AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER*