Facility: SOUTHWOOD INTERVENTIONS
Compensation Bonus (if applicable):
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Detox Nurse, LPN come work with us at Southwood Interventions and you could receive a $3,000.00 sign on bonus.
Southwood Interventions is hiring FULL TIME Detox Nurse, Licensed Practical Nurses (LPN) in our Detox Program. As one of only two detox programs in Chicago that operate outside of a hospital, we offer patients 24-hour medical care for symptoms associated with alcohol and opiate withdrawal.
At Southwood, our job is helping the lives of others. We need passionate, talented people working together who share our desire to provide the best quality care to our patients and lead the fight against the opioid epidemic. We are prepared to treat the entire disease, not just a piece of it.
As a Detox Nurse, you will assist clients in the detox phase of their treatment and must have excellent judgement. In addition to assessing patient health problems and needs throughout treatment, you will be responsible for developing and implementing nursing care plans, maintenance of medical records and providing top notch customer service.
5701 South Wood St
Chicago Il, 60636
Tel: [ Phone number blocked ]
- Identifies normal versus abnormal physical issues of patients and supports assessment.
- Administers medications as indicated. Documents medication therapy and maintains appropriate records pertaining to controlled substances- (Dispensing Methadone and other detoxification medicines)
- Recognizes change in patient physical and emotional status and reports appropriate information to the appropriate personnel.
- Demonstrates an understanding of the purpose of medication in treatment and assesses the patient for anticipated actions. Contraindications and side effects.
We offer outstanding benefits!
Competitive compensation ~ PTO ~ Tuition Reimbursement ~ Matching 401(K) ~ Health & Dental Available ~ Life & Supplemental Insurances ~
- The following education requirements are acceptable for this classification including:
- Licensed practical nurse license to practice in the appropriate State by the board in which the program/facility resides.
- One year related experience in the juvenile field.
- Trainer certification eligible or current certification in CPR/First Aid.
- Other Qualifications:
- At least twenty-one (21) years of age.
- Criminal clearances (Act 33 and 34, specific State & child clearances and, if necessary, FBI).
- Non-communicable diseases physical exam.
- Valid driver's license from employee’s state of residence.
- Valid registered vehicle insurance.
- Ability to work with computers and the necessary software typically used by the department.