A global tier I automotive supplier is looking for a North American Director of Supply Chain to support multiple plants with all inbound/outbound materials and logistics. We are specifically looking for a Director who is well versed in production control and planning, materials and inventory management, supply chain and logistics. They will be supporting multiple plants throughout the US and act as the lead for developing goals and strategies for the supply chain organization.
· Direct the organization’s overall supply chain operations including purchasing and inventory of raw materials, selection of vendors, and distribution of finished goods.
· Evaluates past performance data to forecast needs and production scheduling.
· Develop strategic plans to improve productivity, quality and efficiency of operations.
· Creates strategies and specific objectives for the sub-function and develops budgets, policies, procedures to supply the functional infrastructure.
· Coach, mentor and develop team members.
· Maximize customer satisfaction by driving a high-performance culture ensuring timely delivery, consistent quality of service and prompt resolution to issues through professional crisis management.
· Lead with a collaborative style, working closely with internal partners and stakeholders to bring order, structure, and management focus to achieve the best available solution to supply issues and delivery escalations.
· Control team KPI’s; identifying trends and carrying out corrective actions as required, ensuring the proper involvement of the relevant team(s) / functional area(s).Job Requirements
· Bachelor’s Degree; Master’s preferred
· 10+ years of experience in supply chain/materials management
· Automotive tier 1 materials leadership experience a must
· MRP/ERP systems tracking experience
· Inventory control, material flow, shipping/receiving, production control… experience
· Lean manufacturing/process improvement, plant optimization
· Experience working with metals, stamping, assembly
· Project management experience
· Evaluate complex situations using strong analytical skills to find solutions