Functional Responsibilities: Applies knowledge of computer concepts and techniques to develop and configure systems for engineering, scientific, or business data acquisition and management problems. Uses scientific and engineering logic to independently identify conceptual or theoretical solutions to problems of computer hardware or software design and operation.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for design, development, maintenance and documentation of cloud-based systems
- Perform analysis of requirements and design
- Perform analysis of alternatives for software selection
- Maintains, operates, and integrates operating systems, software and cloud services
- Maintains configuration and installation documentation of systems
- Develops and implements standard operating procedures to maintain and improve system performance
- Responsible for resolving complex service problems; performing expert maintenance; and installing, configuring and testing all types of data services
- Secures network and system boundary
- Reviews system logs for troubleshooting
- Provides analysis of problems and provides solutions for a wide range of operational and support requirements to meet customer needs
- Installs and tests various communications services to specified configurations and ensures proper working order
- Recommends methods and technologies to improve overall operations
- Build interfaces to back-end third party APIs, analytical services, and process large volumes of data
- Write code querying relational databases, tabular excel data, and CSV data
- Participate in peer code reviews and technical meetings
- Work in an Agile Scrum team process
- Develop proofs of concept for new solutions and technologies
- Responsible for creating and maintaining all technical artifacts of the system
- Demonstrates in-depth knowledge of technical design alternatives and the implications of each
Knowledge Skills and Abilities
- Familiarity with Azure Services: Azure AD, Azure SQL, Azure PowerBI, Azure Web Apps
- Familiarity with administration of Windows Server and Microsoft SQL Server
- Familiarity with Active Directory and Group Policy
Position requires 3+ years of experience in Systems Administration, Systems Engineering, Software Development, or related fields. BS degree in Computer Science or related discipline fields, preferred. Microsoft Certifications is a plus. Security+ is a plus. Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
MUST BE A US CITIZEN with ability to obtain a Public Trust.
Work may involve sitting or standing for extended periods of time. Position may require typing and reading from a computer screen. Must have sufficient mobility, including but not limited to bending, reaching, and kneeling to complete daily duties in a timely and efficient manner. There is a possibility that due to parking availability and location of work, walking moderate to long distance may be required. Possible lifting up to 25 lbs.
Please note: 4S-Silversword Software and Services LLC reserves the right to change or modify job duties and assignments at any time. The above job description is not all encompassing. Positions functions and qualifications may vary depending on business needs.
4S-Silversword Software and Services LLC is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against applicants based on race, color, creed, religion, medical condition, legally protected genetic information, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, or Vietnam era, or other eligible veteran status or legally protected characteristics.