Are you passionate about technology? Love horse racing? Are you fascinated by the world of gambling and casinos? Does the thought of building next-generation technology make you feel giddy with excitement? If you answered YES to any of these questions, the 1/ST TECHNOLOGY Group could be the right fit for you!
1/ST TECHNOLOGY is a global group of technology, service, and wagering companies that provides B2B and B2C wagering and betting infrastructure for the horse racing and casino industries. Our companies and products include AmTote, Xpressbet, 1/ST BET, and PariMAX, and we are always eager to add enthusiastic and knowledgeable members to our growing team. Whether you’re a railbird, gamer, or you’re just passionate about technology, and we’d love to find out if there’s a spot where you can thrive in the 1/ST TECHNOLOGY Group.
Our core platform services team is seeking a talented Senior Platform Engineer who will help define how all our companies develop technology in our nextgen platform. The roles of the team members are varied, and the essential qualification is strong problem-solving skills. Our new platform uses an industry-standard microservice architecture to offer our services to integration partners. Our team will help to define which tools and frameworks the entire organization uses to develop the technology. Sometimes you will act in a DevOps role, creating the systems that build and deploy our software. Sometimes you’ll be writing microservices utilizing gRPC/protobuf/RESTful JSON to expose our companies’ systems to the world. Sometimes you might be building an administrative front end in ReactJS.
Competencies that drive success in this role: Business Intelligence; Communication Proficiency; Decision Making; Organizational Skills; Personal Effectiveness & Credibility; Problem Solving & Analysis; Results Driven; Strategic Thinking; Technology Skills; Time Management and Teamwork Orientation.
- Leverage your strong problem-solving skills, especially in using open source frameworks to design solutions in a production setting
- Build gRPC/RESTful APIs that will be leveraged by internal and external resources
- Build microservice applications within a Docker/Kubernetes environment that utilizes Kafka for event processing
- Practice test-driven development and write industry-standard unit tests in Jest
- Help define the frameworks used for building, testing, and deploying our software
- Work with cross-functional teams to assist with integration
- Assist with application deployments in our Cloud environments (AWS and Google Cloud).
- Partner closely with design and product to craft great product experiences
- Take full ownership of a feature from conception to launch
- Participate in peer code reviews and Agile development activities
- Work closely with QA to ensure the quality of the product
- Be a champion for agile development, continuous deployment, and integration, elegant design, Teamwork
You Will Work With: (experience with any in this list is a plus)
- Git monrepos
- .NET 5 and Entity Framework
- C# .NET 5 (previously Core)
- MS/MES in Computer Science or BSC or equivalent; 7+ yrs of experience in a development role in lieu of a degree.
- 5+ years of experience specifically working in Back-End engineering and knowledge of working in a Node.JS/TypeScript or .NET Core environment.
- Demonstrated experience writing Unit Tests utilizing a framework (Mocha/Chai, Expect, Jest, etc) and practicing Test Driven Development. Familiarity with Jest preferred.
- Experience in working with and maintaining cloud infrastructure (Google Cloud preferred).
- Working understanding of Git.
- Proven understanding of object-oriented and functional design patterns
- Proven understanding of microservice architecture.
- Experience in client architecture and performance optimization tools in the mobile space.
- Exceptional debugging and problem-solving skills, both individually and in a team.
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills, collaborating in a team environment.
- Passion for learning new technologies and mentoring others on them.
- Salary Range: 140k to 180k (depending on the level of experience)
- Travel not required.
- Base Work Location – Position based in Hunt Valley, MD (preferred) with remote work consideration available. Note: Due to pandemic and based on business direction, positions are remote work full time until otherwise notified.