Shoppers Drug Mart Corporation is a licensor of full-service retail drug stores operating under the name Shoppers Drug Mart® (Pharmaprix®...
Shoppers Drug MartMississauga, Ontario (ON) - Posted on Sun, 02 Aug 2020 15:31:01 GMT Source: Shoppers Drug Mart / Pharmaprix
Location:2225 Erin Mills Pkwy., Mississauga, Ontario, L5K 1T9
Join a locally owned and operated store to help deliver health,
beauty and convenience services in your community, and keep the
customer at the centre of everything you do.
Why this role is important?
The Cash Manager manages the resources (human, physical, financial) of the Cash Department. The Cash Manager interfaces with other store departments to ensure achievement of store objectives and excels in customer service.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Leads by example and ensures that cashier staff demonstrates behaviour which is consistent with CORE Values
- Interviews and recommends final candidates for hiring cashiers
- Ensures cashiers complies with all Store Standards
- Schedules cashier staff hours, days off and vacations within established guidelines if required
- Trains employees in job functions and provides on-going coaching and instructions
- Assists with completing performance reviews of cashier staff in
conjunction with the FSM
- Ensures exceptional customer service is provided beyond expectation
- Ensures employees present proper image to the public in accordance with Uniform Policy and Dress Code • Guidelines (i.e. clean appearance, approved uniform, name badge)
- Answers inquiries (i.e. location of product, rain-checks) and resolves customer complaints according to guidelines
- Ensures telephone etiquette observed at all times
- Ensures applicable marketing programs are implemented
- Ensures cashiers ask for PC Optimum Card during each transaction. Uses the PC Optimum Tracking • Dashboard for store specific targets. Tracks Cashiers performance using the PC Optimum and email capture by cashier ID report available on the In Store Web.
- Ensures adherence to regulations on sale of tobacco (where applicable), lottery, bus tickets, etc.
- Promotes all company initiatives of PC Optimum, fundraising with customers and employees
- Is responsible for cash focused promotions/offers, reconciles and returns bonus cards, ensures the cashiers are scanning the cards
- Ensures all cashiers are aware of weekly promotions and scanning code of practice
- Purchases stamps from post office stores (Stores without a PO)
- Ensures lottery trays are to standard, locked, follow legislative lottery policy
- Maintains and controls the cash registers in the store in accordance with policies and procedures
- Works with FSM to ensure pricing and ticketing of all merchandise is correct
- Ensures photofinishing programs, policies, and procedures are
implemented and followed
- • Performs clerical/banking duties under the direction of the Store Administrator
- • Assists with all coin orders, resolves all discrepancies with cash and coin orders
- • Maintains cash office / safe following Store Standards
- • Prints transaction exception report weekly identifying variances
- • Prints cash over/ short weekly; identifies and investigates variances
- • Knowledge of charge accounts as applicable
- Ensures all loss prevention systems and procedures are performed according to Standards (eg maintenance and monitoring of tracking sheets)
- Ensures procedures regarding parcel checks are adhered
MARKETING AND MERCHANDISING
- Creates and maintains proper displays to reflect seasonal, promotional programs, items of the week, bar of the month, IMU, front cash, drink cooler (if applicable)
- Works with Front Store Manager to ensure signing in the Store reflects current programs, policies and procedures
- Plans, organizes and supports all promotions in co-operation
with other members of the Management Team
- Assumes any other responsibilities assigned by the Associate-Owner or FSM
- Responsible for overall image for area behind the cash and cash office
- Coaches and motivates employees
- Maintains confidentiality in all matters pertaining to Shoppers Drug Mart and its operation
- Ensures that standards of housekeeping and image are maintained
- Complies with all Health and Safety requirements as follows:
- Provides H&S policy direction and planning
- Reviews information and delegates responsibility/authority
- Ensures staff practicing safe procedures
- Ensures staff have adequate resources and support
- Assists the Health and Safety Committee or
- Planning, Judgement and Decision Making
- Independent thinking and decision making when dealing with issues related to customer’s requests
- Judgment & decisions would be made based on ability to ask the right questions leading to the appropriate solutions
- This position requires the ability to act upon tasks and goals
outlined by management
- Supervisory and labour management experience
- Experience with retail/grocery and cash handling
- Superior interpersonal skills
- Efficient time management ability
- Financial analysis ability
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Effective organization and planning skills
- Computer literacy
- Commitment to providing exceptional customer service
- Ability to work flexible shifts which may include nights and
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
- Ability to climb ladder
The above statement reflects the general details considered necessary to describe the principal functions and duties as required for proper evaluation of the job and shall not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be inherent in the job.
Why work in a Shoppers Drug Mart store?
Each store has an Associate-Owner, so you will work for a local business owner while having the support of a national brand. Benefit from a purchase discount program, flexible and varied schedules, competitive pay and online learning through SDMU.
Take ownership of your work and find more ways to care about your patients, co-workers, customers and community.
Associate Owners in the Shoppers Drug Mart network recognize Canada's diversity as an opportunity to better serve their communities, and strive to reflect the nation’s evolving diversity in the products they sell, the people they hire, and the culture they create in their stores. Accommodation is available upon request for applicants and colleagues with disabilities.
In addition, we believe that compliance with laws is about doing the right thing. Upholding the law is part of our Code of Conduct – it reinforces what our customers and stakeholders expect of us.